SUPPLY CHAIN CO-ORDINATOR
More about the role
Here, at New Look, everything that we do is for the love of fashion.
We’ve been bringing the latest fashion to the high-street since 1969. We’re now a global, multichannel brand offering on-trend, value-fashion for women, men and teenage girls. Even after 50
years we’ve stayed true to our original mission of delivering fabulous products at a price our customers can afford.
We invented fast fashion and it’s our colleagues today that continue our journey to create a New Look that everyone loves.
It’s our values that inspire us every day - we play to win, we are customer obsessed, we work as one…and it starts with you.
We are always on the lookout for talented, passionate people to join our New Look team.
Responsible for exception management of all stock at PO level from FOB or point of availability to DC Free Stock at any one of our international distribution hubs:
• Coordinating pre-FOB order management, advising and supporting BMD teams with a variety of industry-specific expertise relating to international freight.
• Managing international freight forwarders and relationships with colleagues in Singapore to control shipment of stock from one of 29 ports in 14 countries, continuously reviewing and adapting strategies to ensure pace is maintained.
• Maintaining accurate and specific lines of communication, allowing information to flow smoothly and for decisions to be made based on it.
• Planning and making daily decisions based around both international events and business sales, liaising with BMD and DC teams to enable maximum speed-to-store at minimum cost.
• Demonstrating high levels of data analysis and process awareness to ensure all potential issues are pre-empted, providing further recommendations and support to resolve.
Responsible for managing daily intake of stock at PO and MG level, liaising with product teams, suppliers, New Look’s UK NDC / international hubs and freight forwarders.
• Coordination of delivery of all product types from a supply base of 270 suppliers, providing expert support to BMD and suppliers in achieving on-time deliveries.
• Planning of up-stream supply chain activities to support daily and weekly decision meetings on physical and systemic volumes.
• Ensuring maximum profit protection by scrutinising all metrics of an average of 3 million units of product moving through the supply chain every week.
• Demonstrating a high level of data management, providing accurate communications to all parties on supply chain events.
Responsible for assisting in decision-making and resolution of problems to ensure efficient use of supply chain resources, with all customers in mind.
• Act as second-line support for all business departments on supply chain activities, using industry knowledge to both influence and resolve issues.
• Provide support to BMD teams in purchase order raising and management processes, training and influencing where necessary to ensure minimum level errors.
Responsible for assisting in the resolution of any issues affecting the Free Stock availability of product.
• Communicating clear and timely information to the DC and hub teams to ensure all product is handled in accordance to its history within the up-stream supply chain.
• Using experience and knowledge to investigate any issues arising during the product lifecycle timeline
Essential & Desirable Skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) essential
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and enthusiasm
• Confident with numbers, data and statistical analysis
• Self-confident and assertive, especially when under pressure
• A proactive approach to problem solving
• Experience of working as part of a face-paced team. Proven team leadership skills desirable.
Knowledge & Experience (none essential)
• Logistics / supply chain / merchandising skills desirable
• Fashion retail experience desirable
• Experience of using analytical tools and MIS/Business Intelligence solutions desirable
• Knowledge of web-based EDI track-and-trace systems desirable
• Knowledge of retail order management systems desirable
Why New Look?
The amazing people, the love of fashion, the 4pm Friday finishes – there are so many reasons to love working at New Look.
We offer training to support you and your career progression, so that you can be at your absolute best.
You’ll also receive these amazing benefits:
• 40% staff discount
• Monthly 25% off privilege vouchers for family and friends to enjoy
• Quarterly sample sales
• Season ticket loans
Apply now to find out more.
Additional Information (External Upload)