At New Look, everything we do is for the love of fashion. Without following that core belief, we wouldn’t be where we are now. But, what else does it take to be one of the biggest brands on the UK’s high street? We think that it comes down to our employees – and our mission to be the go-to destination for men’s, women’s and teen’s clothing and accessories.
Our motto? Keep it simple. Be brave. Think customer. Act with pace. Take responsibility. That’s the New Look way. If that sounds like you, we’d like to have you on our team! We’re always searching for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to take New Look to exciting places.
Is responsible for exception management of all stock at PO level from FOB or point of availability to DC Free Stock at any one of our international distribution hubs:
• Coordinating pre-FOB order management, advising and supporting BMD teams with a variety of industry-specific expertise relating to international freight.
• Liaising with international freight forwarders and colleagues in Singapore to control shipment of stock from one of 29 ports in 14 countries, continuously reviewing and adapting strategies to ensure pace is maintained.
• Maintaining accurate and specific lines of communication, allowing information to flow smoothly and for decisions to be made based on it.
• Planning and making daily decisions based around both international events and business sales, liaising with BMD and DC teams to enable maximum speed-to-store at minimum cost.
• Demonstrating high levels of data analysis and process awareness to ensure all potential issues are pre-empted, providing further recommendations and support to resolve.
Responsible for managing daily intake of stock at PO and MG level, liaising with product teams, suppliers, New Look’s UK NDC / international hubs and freight forwarders.
• Coordination of delivery of all product types from a supply base of 270 suppliers, providing expert support to BMD and suppliers in achieving on-time deliveries.
• Planning of up-stream supply chain activities to support daily and weekly decision meetings on physical and systemic volumes.
• Ensuring maximum profit protection by scrutinising all metrics of an average of 3 million units of product moving through the supply chain every week.
• Demonstrating a high level of data management, providing accurate communications to all parties on supply chain events.
Responsible for assisting in decision-making and resolution of problems to ensure efficient use of supply chain resources, with all customers in mind.
• Act as first-line support for all business departments on supply chain activities, using industry knowledge to both influence and resolve issues.
• Provide support to BMD teams in purchase order raising and management processes, training and influencing where necessary to ensure minimum level errors.
Responsible for assisting in the resolution of any issues affecting the Free Stock availability of product.
• Communicating clear and timely information to the DC and hub teams to ensure all product is handled in accordance to its history within the up-stream supply chain.
• Using experience and knowledge to investigate any issues arising during the product lifecycle timeline.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) essential
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and enthusiasm
• Confident with numbers, data and statistical analysis
• Excellent, proven MS Excel skills and experience required, other MS Office skills desirable
• Self-confident and assertive, especially when under pressure
• A proactive approach to problem solving
• Experience of working as part of a face-paced team. Proven team leadership skills desirable.
Knowledge & Experience (none essential)
• Logistics / supply chain / merchandising skills desirable
• Fashion retail experience desirable
• Experience of using analytical tools and MIS/Business Intelligence solutions desirable
• Knowledge of web-based EDI track-and-trace systems desirable
• Knowledge of retail order management systems desirable
• Knowledge of retail Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) systems desirable
Why New Look?
There’s a lot to be excited about… we offer bonus schemes, season ticket loans, a huge staff discount of 40% and amazing deals across a number of different businesses.
If you’re still not convinced, add these to the list:
• Every Friday we finish at 4pm – hello weekend!
• You’ll receive monthly privilege vouchers for family and friends to enjoy 25% off – spread the love!
• Grab yourself a bargain at our quarterly sample sales – when the discount isn’t enough!
• Receive 24/7 access to the Retail Trust, a confidential and independent service for people in retail – because your mental health is important to us!
• Agile working environment - we have open break out spaces and state of the art coffee and tea stations throughout our offices – we know the importance of a diverse environment!
Still want to be a New Looker? We guessed you would! Apply now to find out more.