Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Supply Chain Coordinator (d/f/m) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Wunstorf. The successful applicant will join “TASWG-TL3 Material Support“.
Tasks & accountabilities
Within the framework of the Airbus Military Customer Services, the jobholder is mainly interfacing with Airbus Military personal and subcontractors. However, for coordination and issue resolution purposes, he interacts with the GAF on site at MOB; at such opportunities he represents Airbus Military Germany and Airbus Defence and Space.
The jobholder will undertake training in Spain and possibly France for some months and will ultimately be based at Wunstorf, Germany at the Main Operating Base of the Customer
The Position is an integrated part of the Airbus Military Germany Customer Services organization within the German Material Support On-Site team and will be responsible for the agreed service delivery towards the Material Manager. Tasks are:
A) Material Operations Coordination
• During implementation
- Under the lead of the Material Manager, develop and implement the material operations service in accordance with the Customer contract requirements and in coherence and coordination with the Material Support Centre of Competence
- Coordinate the readiness of the Material Operations Service Provider, a subcontractor of Airbus Defence & Space and ensure swift resolution of any issues arising during the implementation
• During Operations
- Control and monitor the Material Operations Service Provider to ensure proper application of the defined processes and procedures
- Monitor and supervise the warehouse activities, manage repairs, warranty claims, Inbound & Outbound flows including quality and export compliance.
- Solve operational issues on a daily basis together with the Material Support Centre of Competence, the Material Manager and the customer
B) Material Manager Support
• During implementation
- Contribute and support the Material Manager for all aspects of the implementation of the Material Support Services for the German Customer
• During Operations
- Contribute and support the Material Manager for all aspects of the operations of the Material Support Services for the German Customer
- Act as substitute in case of unavailability of the Material Manager
• Contribute to cohesion between all ISS team members (Airbus Group and subcontractors on MOB). Motivate them to deliver the best performance, especially under pressure
• Check that the Material Operations Service Provider delivers the expected level of service; provide feedback and document facts/issues to support negotiations when needed
• Support other Material Operations specialists from partnering nations and colleagues from relevant Centre of Competences in sharing information
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- University degree or long term practical experience in a relevant area
- Solid professional experience on Material Support or Logistics
- Knowledge of Airbus Defense & Space organization and processes
- Experience of German Air Force / German Army Aviation processes, projects and regulations desirable
- Experiences of similar civil or military Entry into Service projects desirable.
- Languages: English and German on negotiation level
- Additional language communication skills (French, Spanish, etc.) would be a plus
- SAP knowledge at repairs level
- MDNPro knowledge
- Excellent coordination and organizational skills, highly pro-active to interact with all necessary stakeholders (Customer, local organization, central organization, Material Operations Service provider, vendors, etc.)
- Rigorous and detail-oriented to ensure the highest level of process implementation guaranteeing the service performance and avoiding non-qualities
- Highly competent communication skills and transparent and collaborative way of working
- Excellent personal presentation skills and Customer relationship skills
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Driven, motivated with a willingness to take initiative
- Hard-working and thorough, dedicated to Quality and adherence to objectives and planning
- Open to learn and excellent adaptation skills to flexible / moving environments
- Ability to work in a team within difficult environments and high pressure
- Willingness to travel fairly regularly
- Experience of expatriation would be an advantage