5 over 7 shift pattern (including some weekends and bank holidays)
We’re looking for a supply chain officer to join us and work closely with the Federal Retail Trading Services (FRTS) and Co-op teams to effectively manage product availability. FRTS is a unique function within the Co-op which oversees the commercial arrangements for independent co-operative societies across the UK. And it’ll be up to you to look at how we can improve forecasting through collaborative improvement programmes.
In this role you’ll be the interface between FRTS and our supply chain and commercial teams for all supply chain queries. Splitting your time between our Manchester support centre and FRTS sites throughout the UK, we’ll look to you to understand FRTS data and systems to allow analysis of ordering patterns to improve accuracy of society’s forecasted orders to stabilise the supplier forecast and improve supplier engagement.
What you’ll do:
• capture independent societies’ requirements for our forecasting team
• issue reports so independent societies can verify volumes and delivery dates
• work with FRTS and a wide range of Co-op teams to handle availability queries
• act as the key point of contact whilst being on site for our FRTS partners
• identify, suggest and make recommendations to any business improvements
• working with the societies to analyse forecast demand
• feed back into supply chain to share top line strategy reports
• work to deadlines from overlapping activity across multiple promotional periods
• analyse data to be able to provide actionable insight to the teams
This role will suit people who have:
• retail experience and an ability to build productive long lasting relationships
• a background working in supply chain (ideally in within retail)
• a keen eye for detail and experience of working to deadlines
• an analytical background and advanced excel skills
• a logical approach to managing and manipulating large data sets
• the ability to work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team
• great time management and prioritisation skills
• a full clean driving licence
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- a competitive salary
- 28 days holiday (rising to 31 in line with service)
- an annual incentive scheme
- discounts on Co-op products and services
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.