Manchester (flexible working pattern and part home working potential dependant on individual circumstance)
We’re looking for a supply chain manager to join our commercial supply chain team at Co-op Insurance. In what is an integral role for our business, you’ll support our 3 year plan to become market leaders in customer satisfaction. It’s a great opportunity for someone looking to join a team focussed on forging strong supplier partnerships.
In this supply chain manager role you’ll be delivering the supply chain and supplier relationship strategy for commercial services.
What you’ll do
• drawing on your knowledge of managing suppliers, you’ll take the lead on bringing market leading supply chain innovations to the Co-op supporting product design
• manage the performance of and the relationships with both strategic and key operational suppliers driving continuous improvement across our supply base
• work closely with internal functions including product, the wider Co-op, finance, risk and audit
• lead the resolution of supplier related issues, conducting root cause analysis and developing solutions to eliminate and/or mitigate issues making sure any learnings are incorporated into the service
This role will suit someone who has
• significant experience in supply chain management
• their CIPS qualification, or is working towards achieving this
• the ability to build strong working relationships both internally with colleagues and externally with suppliers
• a strong knowledge of SRM and SCM practices, and industry best practice
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- a competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- an annual incentive scheme
- discounts on Co-op products and services
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies
Once you’ve completed your application we’ll email you inviting you to take part in an online assessment. You’ll need to complete the assessment within 3 days of applying – it should only take around 12 minutes. The assessment is designed to help us (and you) understand how closely your personal values and motivations match our own. Once you’ve completed the assessment you’ll receive a report outlining your results, and we’ll get in touch to let you know the outcome no later than 3 working days following the closing date for this role.