Over onze klant
Our client is a FMCG company specializing in the processing and distribution of food stuffs.
Taken en verantwoordelijkheden
The SC manager is responsible for overseeing and managing the company's overall supply chain and
logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize the process efficiency and productivity. You also play a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors. You are responsible for the distribution and transportation of all goods.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice logistics vision, strategy,
policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or
consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new
product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Import planning & execution. Mainly imports from India/ Pakistan/ Thailand/ Cambodia.
- Supply chain planning: factory, production and dispatch.
- Freight Procurement.
- Packaging Procurement & planning. Packaging - regulations in EU. Packaging development as per the company's machinery specs.
- Contract management.
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers.
- Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance.
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and transport costs.
- Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers.
- Recommend optimal transport modes, routes or frequency.
- Select carriers/suppliers and monitor service against performance criteria.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports or customer issues.
- Review impact of logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or carriers and report results to others.
- Assess and make recommendations for logistics processes in potential new facilities or plants and advise of cost implications and efficiency.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum HBO degree
- Fluency in English. Dutch language is a pre
- Lean certification
- Work at a market leader
- Manage the supply chain processes of a growing organization
- Work within a multinational environment
- Be close to the operation (the warehouse and processing plant is on site)
- Competitive salary