At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
Join us as a Supply Chain Manager and you’ll be looking at a career-defining role based in Plymouth, UK.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for all aspects of the control & purchase of manufacturing materials used in the operational activities at the Plymouth site. The Supply Chain Manager is required to ensure that materials reach the point of use at the required time; managing procurement, goods-in, storage and internal logistics.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing the procurement of materials & parts for the manufacture of products for the Plymouth site. Ensuring that the materials & parts, of the correct quality, are available when required for the manufacturing process;
• Management of the storage of materials & parts ensuring compliance with stock control and accounting practices. Making materials and parts available as required by the production plan;
• Managing the supplier base to establish a secure and stable supply chain;
• Line Management responsibility for the procurement and stores staff and, within the matrix organisation, supporting the needs of the Region.2 Procurement Head with regard to overall procurement strategy;
• Management of the storage locations of materials in the facility.
• Degree/HND/HNC in business/technical subject;
• Experience working in procurement and/or supply chain management preferred. MCIPS or working towards preferred;
• Extensive SAP experience preferred;
• Knowledge of supply chain management in high technology industry sector, preferable electronics. Experience of working in or supplying to automotive industry sectors is an advantage;
• Knowledge of 6-Sigma and Lean problem solving techniques such as 5-Whys, Fish-bone is desirable;
• Experience of leading problem solving teams would be an advantage;
• Leadership skills and strong interpersonal skills as continuous change will be required to ensure success. The ability to work within a matrix structure.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.