As a Supply Chain operations assistant you will support the team in placing and tracking Purchase Orders and managing the inbound delivery of components for gifts in the Global Brands portfolio. The gifts you will be working with are sourced from across the globe and collated by contract packers into finished gifts that you see in stores.
Reporting in to the Assistant Supply Chain Operations Manager – MCA you will support the cross functional delivery of the Holiday program. Placing & tracking purchase orders for finished gifts to be delivered in to their end destinations around the globe.
Some of our gifts are delivered directly to our WBA market warehouses from assemblers either in the UK or Far East – these have to be transacted differently in our systems and this role is specific to this.
This is a fixed term opportunity until December 2019
Here at Walgreens Boots Alliance - Global Brands we believe in being pioneering, inspirational and connecting with people. Our unique business model places the consumer at the heart of everything we do, with real-time insights that are transformed into thousands of products and brands to help consumers lead happier and healthier lives. With a portfolio of brands that includes No7, Liz Earle Beauty Co., Soap & Glory and YourGoodSkinÔ, we touch the lives of millions all over the world.
ABOUT GLOBAL BRANDS SUPPLY
Global brands existing supply chain has been built off the back of the UK centric Boots UK supply chain and today consists of an increasingly complex blend of different supply chain processes and systems.
We have recognised the need to transform our supply chain capability over the next 2 years if we are to continue to provide our existing high standards of customer service, at the same time as enabling our future business growth ambition, and have embarked on an exciting programme of supply chain transformation.
We are based in Nottingham, UK with Regional offices in New York and Hong Kong. We would love to hear from hardworking supply chain professionals who would like to join us on our transformation journey as we build a world class supply chain capability for WBA. Does this sound like you?
- You will work to create, confirm and track all Purchase Orders associated with our gift products. This includes finished goods, components & 3rd party assembly.
- Working closely with the Global Supply Chain Planning team you will understand when order commitments need to be expedited, deferred or changed. You will ensure such changes are implemented in a timely manner.
- To goods receipts components & finished gifts arriving to external assemblers / virtual warehouses.
- You will track vendor/assembler performance along with working with our warehousing and vendor base to ensure accurate stock flow.
- You will assist in producing reporting associated with business requirements
- Following detailed process documents to systematically transact shipping of finished gifts to WBA markets, creating paperwork required for shipments.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
- You should be computer-literate ideally with a knowledge of SAP and Excel
- Highly focused with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and have a flexible approach whilst maintaining the ability to prioritise workload and work to agreed timescales
- Having an understanding of the principles that underpin strong end to end supply chain performance would be advantageous.
- You are able to demonstrate good relationship management skills
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We want to invest in you, to challenge you and help you develop an exciting and successful career. You will have the chance to be part of something ambitious, something innovative and have an impact on a global scale. With a competitive salary and personalized benefits package, you will join a diverse and passionate team who work with some of the world's most well-known brands.
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.