Company Boeing Commercial Aviation Services Europe LimitedJob ID 1900055781Date posted 03/12/2019
We require an experienced Supply Chain professional from the Commercial Aviation Sector. This new role is required to support the Base Maintenance Material Operations function within the Boeing Global Fleet Care programme, supporting various airline customers’ fleets.
The primary responsibility is to provide pre-load and on-site materials support for base maintenance checks and to be the materials focal for the MRO. On occasions you will be required to support other areas of the material operation, for example, ensuring materials are available within the network to support Aircraft Maintenance and moved around the network as required to ensure the aircraft are able to depart on time and to flight schedule.
** NB - this role will require you to work with considerable autonomy using your initiative to problem solve away from BCASEL’s main office inside the MRO and to work as necessary to deliver the aircraft on time.
Key Requirements of this role:
- Pre-input liaison with internal and external customers and suppliers to ensure that preload requirements are adequately defined and delivered on time. To include pre-input meetings.
- Onsite materials support for base maintenance inputs supporting emergent requirements during base checks. To ensure the MRO is performing within contract and to the agreed material SLAs.
- Training and coaching of MRO stores staff in using the Boeing Fleet Care system of record and processes, occasionally performing stores transactions on MRO’s behalf.
- To work with contracted suppliers to develop supply plans and ensure strategic delivery goals are achieved.
- Resolving bottlenecks associated with any of the materials process pertaining to logistics, material receipt, quarantine, pre-load, issuing of spares, re-distribution of serviceable spares, co-ordination of unserviceable components for repair and scrap process.
- System data cleansing post-maintenance input – all orders that have not yet been shipped are cancelled / redirected to alternate destinations. Ensuring that all serviceable inventory is reflected as such in Fleet Care’s system of record.
- Working with Base Maintenance teams and MRO to develop procedures, interface manuals and Service Level Agreements to ensure efficient, on time delivery of base check inputs.
- Work with Maintenance Planning to ensure material is never a cause for missed or re scheduled Maintenance by actioning agreed material movements as agreed with the Maintenance and Material Planners.
- Ensure that all Global Trade Control, IOR/EOR requirements are followed when requesting or conducting material movements.
- Work with the 3PL’s and internal Logistics teams to ensure materials, once identified and sourced, are moved by the fastest and most cost effective means possible to the required destination.
- Conduct other Materials related activities as requested by your Team Lead or Manager.
- Ensure that systems data is 100% accurate and updated completely during Shift.
- Ensure clear concise handovers are carried out with oncoming shift.
- Developing processes and training documentation as required to support continued development of the Fleet Material Solutions department.
- Depending on operational requirements, may be required to support other FMS teams (BTOC, WSIC, Supply Chain Support) between base check inputs.
- Regular travel within UK, Europe and possibly further afield. Must be flexible and able to spend long periods (4+ weeks) at a time away from home country.
Experience in Airline / Aviation MRO materials management and supply chain logistics disciplines
- Travel: up to 90% of the time
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and able to project a positive customer interface at all times
- Ability to adapt and make quick decisions in high pressure, dynamic situations
- Knowledge of AMOS an advantage
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum direct supervision
- Good organisational & presentation skills
- Fluency in written and verbal English
This position is on a 4on 4off day shift pattern.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS.
Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.