• To lead a team who create, confirm and track all Purchase Orders associated with Global Brands products (includes finished goods & components)
• To work closely with the Global Supply Chain Planning Managers & their teams to understand when order commitments need to be expedited, deferred or changed and ensure their team implement such changes in a timely manner, escalating any high priority changes to Sourcing team
• To monitor contract commitment vs releases, consulting with Sourcing teams and informing the Supply Chain Planning team, highlighting and escalating where there is mis-alignment
• To monitor vendor performance and inform Sourcing and Supply Chain Planning teams to enable them to include this in vendor reviews
• To implement and monitor all stock which is required to be returned to the vendor, liaising with the warehouse & vendors to ensure stock is sent/collected in a timely manner and understanding the impact on overall stockholding value
• To demonstrate a deep understanding of the end-to-end supply chain and understand how to leverage operational parameters to reflect business priorities and achieve optimum service and stockholding for the business. Develop contingency plans to appropriately manage business risk
A bit about you….
• Ideally a graduate – preferably in logistics or business studies.
• Supply experience in high inventory, international company, preferably retail/manufacturing/logistics. Sound grasp of sophisticated supply chain processes.
• Strong commercial awareness
• Excellent spoken & written communication skills
• Strong problem solving & numeracy skills
• Competent Excel user
• Excellent attention to detail and extreme accuracy skills
• Ability to take a proactive attitude and work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Strong “customer focus” and cross cultural communication skills.
• Has lead a small team of professionals. Experience of relationship management.
• Has coached direct reports effectively through introduction of new processes.
• Understanding of the importance of optimising value and the awareness of key drivers within the supply chain.
A bit about us….
Global Brands is a cross divisional organization of Walgreens Boots Alliance that aims to give WBA retail businesses as well as global partners a sustainable competitive advantage by combining great brands and innovative products with unparalleled commercial expertise and consumer insight. Global Brands is comprised of three pillars – Global Insights & Best Practice, Global Consumer Brands and Global Sourcing and Manufacturing - that work in close partnership together to ensure a collaborative, successful and truly global platform to give the businesses clear competitive advantages. Products in the Global Brands portfolio include Soltan, No 7, Well at Walgreens, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle and Boots Pharmaceuticals.
What’s in it for you?
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
• Competitive Salary & annual discretionary bonus plan
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Generous staff discount scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym and Canteen
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship