The Supply Chain Imports/Export Operations Manager - Logistics is accountable for managing a compliant operation which achieves business requirements for delivery whilst minimising costs.
They manage service providers & cross-functional working to provide import/export expertise, shaping the International Supply Chain.
The role reports to the Head of UK Supply Chain Operations.
• International Trade.
• Manage the operational activities of Boots inbound/outbound logistics, managing our 3PL Service Providers/freight forwarders/shipping lines/ couriers and UK Haulage providers to agreed KPI’s all within a culture of continuous improvement.
• Be a subject matter expert on matters relating to international trade and compliance and freight requirements for the WBA group.
• Actively lead, motivate & develop a large team (16 people, 3x direct reports) .
• Drive efficiency through the application of team Self Audit & Standard Operating Procedures & lead the provision of a freight & Customs planning service which meets quality & delivery specifications at optimum cost
• Collaborate with and support the Foreign Trade Compliance Managers and Supply Chain Managers for Exports and Imports.
• Develop & deliver international supply chain strategies & solutions that support the businesses aims & ambitions.
• Communicate Supply Chain Imports/Exports weekly / monthly performance to all key Alliance Boots stakeholders.
• Develop & maintain knowledge in international supply chain markets & innovation to inform & develop our processes/systems.
• Lead tender activity for 3PL’s, selecting providers in conjunction with Group Procurement & handle associated implementation & ongoing performance
• Work collaboratively with our Alliance Boots group members to understand their international supply chain requirements to support our strategy to become the leading international, pharmacy-led health & beauty group.
• Ensure business strategy is aligned to Group Tax requirements and that all matters relating to tax compliance are adhered to. Ensure collaboration with tax specialists of the business are utilised to support group functions.
• Develop a robust three year plan with Supply Chain Director, Operational Leads within supply chain, Development and Systems teams to provide “best in class” supply chain service for the WBA group. Develop a programme of continuous improvement.
• Prepare effective forecasting on international shipping/logistics requirements using to be able to support growth, and tender requirements long term and also short range forecasts to service providers.
• Liaise externally with Trade associations (BRC/ACITA) HMRC and other foreign customs associations, who work in similar arena (CUSTOMS RETAIL GROUP) to ensure we are up to date with the latest innovation and legislation.
• Maintain AEO and CFSP authorisations and identify any other tax reduction opportunities available. Deploy where necessary (customs warehousing).
• Work cross functionally to plan & deliver an effective Christmas programme
A bit about you…
• Experience in international trade including trader responsibility for compliant reporting via CFSP/Period Entry/Intrastat
• Knowledge of the factors / legislation requirements that affect the import business of a blue chip retail/manufacturing company is essential
• Experience of Far East / Indian Sub-continent markets is desirable
• Experience of operational management of a team of specialists.
• The job holder will have demonstrated how they’ve improved compliance auditability & contributed to improved profitability through the application of Customs & freight planning techniques. A track record in the management of both CFSP (Imports) & Intrastat systems is essential
• Attention to detail
• Excellent organisational skills & able to prioritise well
• Works well under pressure
• Motivational leader of a team
A bit about us…
At Walgreens Boots Alliance – Global Brands, we believe in being PIONEERING, INSPIRATIONAL and CONNECTING with people. Our market leading brands such as No7, Liz Earle, Soap&Glory and YourGoodSkin touch the lives of millions all over the world. We put the consumer at the heart of everything we do using real time insights to activate brands and products on a global scale. With a passionate and innovative approach to Beauty and Healthcare, we are shaping the future of health and wellbeing for everyone. We are part of Walgreens Boots Alliance, a global leader in pharmacy-led retail with more than 18,500 stores globally, helping people live happier and healthier lives.
What we can offer you:
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship