Global brands existing supply chain has been built off the back of the UK centric Boots UK supply chain and today consists of an increasingly complex blend of different supply chain processes and systems. We have recognised the need to transform our supply chain capability over the next 2 years if we are to continue to provide our existing high standards of customer service, at the same time as enabling our future business growth ambition, and have embarked on an exciting programme of supply chain transformation. We are based in Nottingham, UK with Regional offices in New York and Hong Kong and would love to hear from talented supply chain professionals who would like to join us on our transformation journey as we create a world class global supply chain capability for WBA.
Overview of the role
• The Supply Chain Operations Manager – MCA is responsible for leading a team who place and track Purchase Orders and manage inbound delivery of components for gifts in the Global Brands portfolio which are sourced from across the globe and collated into finished gifts by contract packers to agreed timescales
• They work closely with the Supply Chain Planning team to understand when order commitments need to be changed and implement such changes in a timely manner
• The role is part of the Global Brands Supply Leadership Team and reports to the Senior Supply Chain Operations Manager
Here at Walgreens Boots Alliance - Global Brands we believe in being pioneering, inspirational and connecting with people. Our unique business model places the consumer at the heart of everything we do, with real-time insights that are transformed into thousands of products and brands to help consumers lead happier and healthier lives. With a portfolio of brands that includes No7, Liz Earle Beauty Co., Soap & Glory and YourGoodSkin, we touch the lives of millions all over the world.
• To lead a team who create, confirm and track all Purchase Orders associated with Global Brands gift products (includes finished goods, components & 3rd party assembly)
• To work closely with contract packers to ensure they assemble and deliver finished goods into the warehouse to the timescales required
• To work closely with the Global Supply Chain Planning Managers & their teams to understand when order commitments need to be expedited, deferred or changed and ensure their team implement such changes in a timely manner, escalating any high priority changes to Sourcing teams
• To ensure there is accurate visibility of our stockholding at assemblers, ensuring components are booked in and invoices tracked
• To monitor contract commitment vs releases, consulting with Sourcing teams and informing the Supply Chain Planning team, highlighting and escalating where there is mis-alignment
• To monitor vendor & assembler performance (OTFR) and inform Sourcing and Supply Chain Planning teams to enable them to include this in vendor/assembler reviews
• To implement and monitor all stock which is required to be returned to the vendor, liaising with the warehouse & vendors to ensure stock is sent/collected in a timely manner and understanding the impact on overall stockholding value
• To demonstrate a deep understanding of the end-to-end supply chain and understand how to leverage operational parameters to reflect business priorities and achieve optimum service and stockholding for the business. Develop contingency plans to appropriately manage business risk
Our Ideal Candidate
• Ideally a graduate – preferably in logistics or business studies.
• Supply experience in high inventory, international company, preferably retail/manufacturing/logistics. Sound grasp of sophisticated supply chain processes.
• Strong commercial awareness
• Excellent spoken & written communication skills
• Strong problem solving & numeracy skills
• Competent Excel user
• Excellent attention to detail and extreme accuracy skills
• Ability to take a proactive attitude and work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Strong “customer focus” and cross cultural communication skills.
• Has lead a small team of professionals. Experience of relationship management.
• Has coached direct reports effectively through introduction of new processes.
• Understanding of the importance of optimising value and the awareness of key drivers within the supply chain.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
We want to invest in you, to challenge you and help you develop an exciting and successful career. You will have the chance to be part of something ambitious, something innovative and have an impact on a global scale. With a competitive salary and personalized benefits package, you will join a diverse and passionate team who work with some of the world's most well-known brands.