With more than a century of experience, Boeing’s knowledge in bringing innovative service solutions to commercial, defense and space customers has united to form Boeing Global Services.
With a focus on innovative services in engineering, digital aviation and analytics as well as supply chain logistics and training support, Boeing will deliver agile, cost-competitive solutions, regardless of the original equipment manufacturer, so customers can reduce costs, drive efficiency and optimize operations.
We’re here, around the clock, around the world, and always ready. To learn more about our Commercial Services follow this link http://www.boeing.com/commercial/services/overview/
We are looking for an experienced candidate with an operations / data analytics background to join our Supply Chain Planning team in the commercial aviation sector. The successful candidate will join a team which provides tactical and strategic supply chain support for our customers (internal and external) through gathering, monitoring and analysing fleet data to improve material availability and reduce cost by optimising the supply chain network (demand planning and forecasting, material replenishment, customer interfacing, schedule and base maintenance materials requirements, Logistics optimisation, cost reduction).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
o Developing / updating metrics to feed into the KPI reporting architecture in co-ordination with a Senior Planning Analyst.
o Providing Analytical Support to team members and management.
o Ensuring system data integrity across multiple system platforms (AMOS, TE1, TE2, MXI)
o Identification and disposition of excess inventory.
o Analysis of material usage data to make strategic recommendations to increase / reduce plans, consolidate part orders to reduce shipping costs and distribute parts across station networks to improve material availability.
o Review and upload of the monthly min/max plans produced by the Senior Planning Analyst and US demand planning teams.
o Discrepant part disposition
o Rotations to customer sites, to provide interface and on-site support between the customer and service centre
o Identifying improvements that can be made based on the use of data (process automation.
o Ordering material for special projects, in co-ordination with the material expeditors.
- Data Analytics background preferred.
- Experience in Airline / Aviation MRO materials management and supply chain logistics disciplines preferred, but not essential.
- Supply Chain / Logistics qualifications such as MCIPS or CILT preferred, but not essential.
- Must hold a valid passport and driving license.
- Advanced Excel user – VBA, Power Pivot, Power Query, Formulas and Pivot tables.
- Experience using MS Access – VBS, Query development preferred but not essential.
- Experience using SQL preferred but not essential (desire / capability to learn is!).
- Experience within a demand planning / forecasting environment.
- SharePoint preferred but not essential.
- Travel – yes, up to but not limited to 10% of time.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and able to project a positive customer interface at all times.
- Ability to adapt and make quick decisions in high pressure, dynamic situations.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum direct supervision.
- Good organisational & presentation skills.
- Highly Analytical and comfortable in dealing with data.
- Fluency in written and verbal English-
** NB – working pattern is 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll. PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.