Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit…a day includes
This role is critical in achieving our objectives of significant financial recovery of discontinued stock. We have a sale or return agreement with all our cosmetics suppliers. We must ensure that the reverse logistics process is controlled and managed each step of the way.
This role has the remit to improve and change the process to ensure we recover the full value of returned product. Any changes and improvements must have the agreement of all parties involved, including external stakeholders (suppliers).
This person is responsible for leading the end to end process ensuring that all business units deliver on their part of the process, and that the full monetary value is recovered from our suppliers, as per the written Commercial agreements.
This role requires time spent in store, DC, and with suppliers, understanding, re-configuring and improving our reverse logistics operation. It requires resilience and the ability to understand complexity.
Current recalled discontinued stock value over is in excess of £21m. £19.3m of store recalls plus £1.8m still on the DC inventory. The cosmetics category has a number of brand updates every event , E1 to E12 , with a significant amount of NPD, this creates the need to recall around 1000 SKUs per year out of the total category of 4900 lines. Cosmetics recalls are expected to be £12m on an annual basis.
- Ensure reverse logistics process is fit for purpose
- Ensure reverse logistics process is refreshed, reviewed and updated on a regular basis
- Ensure all business units and suppliers are aligned to the process and set up to deliver
- Ensure Superdrug fulfils its commercially agreed obligations to ensure full monetary value recovery for all recalls
- Lead a monthly update “Recalls Action Group”
- Regularly update the Exec and Op Exec
- Lead the process across business units to deliver the set objectives
What you’ll need to succeed
- Experience of Supply Chain, including operational responsibility of delivery of KPI
- Experience of providing supply chain solutions and processes improvements
- Knowledge of supply chain channels from supplier to customer
- Collaborative approach with strong influencing and communication skills
- Experience in leading projects or owning process
- Experience of managing supplier relationships
Here’s what’s in it for you
• Fantastic benefits
• Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office right by East Croydon station
• On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and café with a fantastic selection of hot and cold food every day
• Health and beauty giveaways from suppliers
Come and be part of something special!