Boeing is the world’s leading aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft, with capabilities in rotorcraft, electronic and defence systems, missiles, satellites, launch vehicles and advanced information and communication systems. Our reach extends to customers in 145 countries around the world, and we are the number one U.S exporter in terms of sales.
Boeing has a long tradition of aerospace leadership and innovation. We continue to expand our product line and services to meet emerging customer needs. Our broad range of capabilities includes creating new, more efficient members of our commercial airplane family; integrating military platforms, defence systems and the warfighter through network-centric operations; creating advanced technology solutions that reach across business units; e-enabling airplanes and providing connectivity on moving platforms; and arranging financing solutions for our customers.
The purpose of the job is to be the Go To person for the customer at location; to ensure all operational and account (contractual) requirements are understood and to process, track and manage through to resolution. The person acts as a bridge to the wider organisations, both at the customer and at Boeing.
• Act as customer’s Go To person for all operational matters
• Manage and process the movement of parts covered by the program through the exchange and unserviceable return cycle
• Process documentation associated with the movement of exchange parts to ensure traceability and customer visibility
• Liaise with warehouse staff and freight agents to ensure timely processing of inbound and outbound shipments
• Coordinate maintenance planning with customers and programs to ensure efficient use of program inventories and maximum customer satisfaction
• Oversee customer exchange order requests for 787 REP in WebUI.
• To resolve any issues relating to parts arriving at customer store locations either damaged or without correct certification
• Maintains relationships with Seattle Order Fulfillment, Asian Regional Centre (ARC), Boeing Traffic, Global Trade Control and external freight agents, customers and any internal organizations required to facilitate the delivery of serviceable and return of unserviceable parts
• Perform analysis of customer data regarding products or services at a cross-functional level
• Performs inventory management and control of customer consignment inventory
• Oversee & work with Strategic to store and move the Dangerous Goods and Export Controlled parts
• Interpret contractual requirements
• Organize and support customer review meetings
• Produce and deliver service level KPI reports to customer and leadership
• Communicate and provide leadership visibility of significant customer issues
• Maintain contact with key departments within customer’s organisation
• Monitor Boeing and Customer operational obligations in accordance with the SOW
• Serves as an escalation path for customer’s significant issues
• Collaborate with internal team members to ensure Boeing teams are meeting their commitments to resolve customer issues through effective communication, prioritization, follow through, and management escalation
• Coordinates with 787 REP functional areas to ensure customer configuration, maintenance planning and business growth is coordinated
• Interact with the customer and across internal organizations to facilitate requirements to support customer’s 787 REP contract
• Consult in matters concerning internal/external repair supplier requirements or customer needs
• Maintain a good working relationship with Freight forwarders, ensuring that any issues are dealt with in a timely fashion
• Work closely with 3rd party supply chain to oversee the customs clearance of all the Rotables and onward delivery to the customer locations.
• Ideally hold a relevant business degree
• Experience in Customer Support, Key Account Management or Procurement, preferably in the airline/aviation industry.
• Experience of managing Customer or Supplier relationships
• Preferred experience in Rotable Repair programs
• Strong IT skills (esp. MS Excel/PowerPoint/Word; MS Access, SQL a bonus)
• Strong communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Must hold a valid passport and driving license.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.