Company Boeing Commercial Aviation Services Europe LimitedJob ID 1900041769Date posted 02/27/2019
With more than a century of experience, Boeing’s knowledge in bringing innovative service solutions to commercial, defence and space customers has united to form Boeing Global Services.
Global Fleet Care is a Boeing Global Services business that provides integrated solutions to Airlines in the areas of Fleet Technical Management, Inventory Management and MRO Maintenance Execution to customers throughout the world and is a growing market segment for the company.
To co-ordinate warehousing operations and inventory control at a central spares hub, supporting the Boeing FleetCare programme.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coaching, training and measuring the performance of a third part logistics provider, responsible for the day to day operation of a centralised distribution hub.
Working as a part of the Service Centre’s Fleet Materials Solutions Team on the following activities.
• To train, coach and measure competency of third party stores staff against established procedures and work instructions
• Measure hub operations team performance against agreed service levels and present weekly reports. Service levels include:
o Inventory data accuracy
o Timely receipt of orders / dispatch of outbound shipments
o Shelf life parts expiration
o Quarantine parts resolution
• Conduct root cause / corrective actions when service levels are not met
• To identify issues affecting work efficiency and effectiveness and partner with third party management to address them
• Lead and sponsor continuous improvement activities
• Monitor and ensure data integrity across all systems
• Work as a team ambassador with multiple stakeholders to understand and satisfy requirements, then ensure requirements are communicated with team
• Carry out various different activities associated with Material supply and demand as required to support the business and your team.
High level of data accuracy and attention to detail
• Computer literacy
o Microsoft Office products: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
Excel – able to perform Pivots, V Lookups and Graphs
PowerPoint – Medium (Presentations, Graphs)
Word – Medium (Procedures drafting)
o AMOS Experience beneficial
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and able to project a positive customer interface at all times
• Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum direct supervision
• Good organisational & presentation skills
• Analytically minded and comfortable in dealing with data
• Fluency in written and verbal English
• Understanding and experience of Airworthiness regulations as they apply to Aircraft Materials is a benefit.
Education & Experience:
• Experience in Commercial Aviation, Airline or MRO in a similar role
• Background in Supply Chain Management & Warehousing operations
• Must hold a valid passport & driver’s license
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.