Supply Chain ordering and demand transformation manager (TEMP)
Airbus Defence and Space SA
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy has arisen in Supply Chain Operations within the Procurement organization.
As a Supply Chain Operations Manager (SOM), you are vital part in the procurement community. You are in charge of managing contract execution and supplier delivery performance securing a close understanding of planning and ordering for spares and repairs demand. You control effectively the activities of our supplier and develop a close understanding of supplier overall situation and scope. You play a key role in the coordination of the multiple interfaces between all stakeholders involved in the supplier operations management (like suppliers, projects, manufacturing engineering, supplier quality, etc.). You work closely together with our Commodity Managers and the respective Multifunctional Teams. As focal point towards the supplier for all operational activities, focused on planning and ordering task, your mission is to implement sustainable improvements of the supply chain performance and also to assess suppliers during tendering phase. Since supply chain management involves working across silos and in many different cultures, soft skills like communication, effective presentation, and multicultural understanding are important.
More in detail, a Supply Chain Operations Manager for ordering, planning & visibility is in charge of the following tasks and Responsibilities:
• Assess suppliers during tendering phase and lead the selection decision for RFQs in spares and repairs according agreement stablished
• Provide consolidated forecast to suppliers and ensure that suppliers will have the required capacity
• Manage Supplier operational performance and drive necessary collaboration as far as necessary
• Coordinate the interfaces of all the stakeholders involved during the ordering process (commodity, engineering, quality, logistic, repair internal customer, material services center)
• Day-to-day manage the suppliers from demand kick-off to provide all recurrent deliverables:
o Lead or participate as required to progress meetings, design reviews and production reviews
o Lead the transformation of the ordering and demand WoW in Combat a/c perimenter
o Control quality gates, deviation / waiver process, non-conformance process,change process,
o Implement supplier surveillance & performance improvement actions plans in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
o Actively support opmisation, innovation and transformation projects in TOPLI
o Active monitoring & control of supplier
• Manage performance reviews with the Suppliers based on Vendor Review Board outputs
• Be the main interface for assessing and reporting the supplier risks and propose mitigation actions
• Implement recovery, improvement and follow up plans in order to secure delivery of the products and services in conformity with contract
• Ensure compliance with export regulations for all deliverables from suppliers, on a day to day basis
Tasks & accountabilities
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
To meet the requirements of this Requirements:
•Degree in Engineering, Business Management or equivalent
•A least 3 years of experience in activities which have allowed you to acquire sound skills and knowledge of:
•Procurement IT tool knowledge would be a benefit
•Ablility to anticipate, assess and mitigate risks
•Strong communication skills including active listening and emapthy
•Strong negotiation skills and the ability to persuade, influence and convince
•Excellent skills in relationship building, team building, empowering, motivating others and conflict management
•Negotiation level of English
•Fluent in Spanish