Airbus Operations GmbH
Satair, with 10 locations worldwide, is a world leader in the commercial aerospace aftermarket business. With more than US$1.8 billion in revenues and +1,300 employees still need YOU to face the current and future business growth and improve the operations performance, customer satisfaction and hence the financial results.
Satair provides genuine OEM parts distribution and offers an exhaustive and innovative multi-fleet service portfolio to OEMs and customers. In addition, the company provides genuine Airbus Material Support and is the sole Airbus authorized distributor for a wide range of Proprietary Products and Services. Satair is a stand-alone company and AIRBUS services company.
Description of the job
A vacancy has arisen for several LIMITED Supply Officer positions (d/f/m) within Satair (a 100% subsidiary of Airbus) in Hamburg-Finkenwerder to join the team at the earliest possible start date.
Disabled applicants with equal qualification are favoured.
Tasks & accountabilities
In our international supply management team, you will be working in the after-sales business in a dynamic environment, striving for growth, innovation and customer oriented services & solutions. You will be in charge of:
- Placing and collaborating on purchase orders for spare parts, analyzing late deliveries, prioritizing orders and managing recovery plans
- Ensuring the correctness of the requirements communicated to the suppliers based on the demand
- Actively managing the flow of material to Airbus to secure that parts needed for stock or for customer orders are delivered in time, quality and cost
- Your role will also include drum-beating orders to secure the promised delivery date, taking into account the availability of the material at the various stage of the process
- Monitoring the supply chain on a day-to-day basis and maintaining regular contact with suppliers around the world
- Representing Airbus towards strategic suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Implementing short and long-term improvement actions to prevent late deliveries, missing parts and bottle-necks in the logistics flow
- Resolving quality issues possibly detected at good receipt and implementing corrective and preventive actions with the suppliers and/or the Airbus stakeholders
- Reporting various KPIs and data on spares activities as needed (inventory level, availability of the parts, forecast data…)
- Leading transnational projects to sustain customer satisfaction and launching appropriate corrective actions at operational level in case of discrepancies
- Contributing to local and global off-shelves performance
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- University degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business Administration, Engineering or vocational training and relevant work experience
- Solid experience in working with customers or suppliers, for instance within customer service, sales or procurement required
- Previous experience as a Supply Officer would be a plus
- Ideally experienced in project management
- Proficient with SAP (PDA, AP1 or similar) and MS Office (Excel, Power Point)
- Good team player with excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Customer and service oriented mindset
- Ability to work on different topics in parallel in a changing environment
- Structured way of working and good presentation skills
- Capacity to analyze data and simply for reporting purposes
- Negotiation level in English
- Spanish and/ or German skills are a plus