We have a vacancy within our Supply Hub to be responsible for continuity of supply of our Oral Care products, including brands such as Sensodyne and Aquafresh.
As part of the supply chain hub within GSK you will be constantly presented with new challenges and have opportunities to develop your career.
If you enjoy building high quality relationships with various stakeholders to fully understand the whole supply chain this is a perfect opportunity.
Supply Planning Processes and Improvement
• Generate supply plans with production sites to deliver stock to support sales forecasts. Ensure on-time order placement aligned with contractual agreement. Management of Open Order Book, ensuring alignment with manufacturing production plans.
• Liaise within market supply coordinators / Demand Planners to understand the forecasted requirements, NPIs and promotional activities, seasonality and manage supply to achieve and maintain high levels of customer service whilst meeting inventory targets.
• Proactively identify key supply / demand imbalance, assess the risk, run root cause analysis, evaluate options and propose solutions. Ensure corrective / preventive actions in place. Review weekly supply issues (Open out of stocks, predicted stock outs), and provide necessary input for weekly SCIM process
• Develop, agree with a supplier/ Scheduler and implement flexible repeated schedule (FRS) options / campaigns and use it to optimize production line outcome. Maintain agreed FRS(Global/ internal sites)
• Manage supply planning horizon, outside the manufacturing Lead Time, ensuring weekly load levelling of supply plan against available capacity and inventory targets, considering agreed campaigns (Global/ internal sites)
• Lead weekly review meetings with suppliers as per standard process to ensure effective management of short / medium term supply period.
• For Global / internal sites, manage monthly RCCP process in terms of graph generation and provide input to Supply planning manager on foreseen risks. Work with Supply Planning Managers on risk mitigation options and scenario Planning and preparation for SRM meetings.
• Review existing KPIs and lead / lag measures to prevent undesirable effects of supply and demand changes. Action agreed performance improvement plans and integrate new improvements into current standard ways of working
Master data & Inventory
• Optimise stock holding levels within the total supply chain through a detailed understanding of the key planning parameters and e2e process (safety stock, lead times, supply reliability, demand variability, service objectives etc) and in line with Working Capital targets
• Liaise with hubs master data team to provide input with the correct supply planning parameters set up of SKUs. Be responsible for the regular review and maintenance and improvement plan of basic supply planning parameters to reflect current supply chain performance indicators and protect customer service level targets
• Work closely with Hub NPI Coordinator and provide timely information as necessary (e.g. first production date) , to allow effective tracking, risk identification and issue resolution of NPIs and Artworks
• Work closely with sites Coordinate to ensure timely launches of new products launches (NPI), artwork changes or product transfers. Work on phase in / phase out strategy to ensure minimisation of write offs linked to artwork
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing date for applications: Monday 14th May 2018.
• Qualification in a supply chain related discipline for example; logistics, supply management, demand management, operational management or MBA.
• Demonstrated supply planning experience in managing multiple trade routes across different geographies
• Proficiency in APO/SNP and good knowledge of ECC MM module
• RCCP management and direct contribution to the S&OP process
• Previous experience within a fast paced and heavily regulated FMCH company
• Proven ability to project manage factory transfers
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Manufacturing site experience
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and conflicting interests, with exposure across a large spectrum of management
• APICS certification
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
What do we offer?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That’s why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK’s vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this.
Who will I be working with?
Click here to meet your team.
How do I develop my career?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you’ll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
• You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
How will I be rewarded?
Our Total Reward Package includes:
• Competitive Salary
• Bonus Scheme
• 26 days + 8 bank holidays annual leave
• Pension scheme offering up to 10% company contribution
• Share Option & Save Schemes
• Plus much more