Working as part of our forward-thinking team in Global Brands Operations, you’ll be playing a key role in helping plan and supply the products that Boots are renowned for in the UK to the rest of the world. Your supply chain expertise will ensure that we continue to delight our customers all across the world by ensuring our products are always available just when they need them.
Here at Walgreens Boots Alliance - Global Brands we believe in being pioneering, inspirational and connecting with people. Our unique business model places the consumer at the heart of everything we do, with real-time insights that are transformed into thousands of products and brands to help consumers lead happier and healthier lives. With a portfolio of brands that includes No7, Liz Earle Beauty Co., Soap & Glory and YourGoodSkin, we touch the lives of millions all over the world.
About the role
• You will be contributing to the development of and delivery of a supply plan supporting the category strategy for global products including introduction of new Brands into the portfolio
• Activities will include all elements of planning and control of stock including new processes to introduce global ways working for replenishment planning
• Through deep understanding of the supply chain and supply routes you will make appropriate product supply set up and maintenance decisions
• You will be the owner of supply decisions for specific brands and products
This role is part of the emerging Global Brands supply team. The purpose of this team is to manage the supply planning processes that enable global products to be supplied to customers in the UK, USA and the rest of the world.
The role demands a deep understanding of the business in relation to the management of the Supply chain systems and the ability to adapt to changing business processes and ways of working
• You will contribute to the delivery of a customer focussed supply plan to support the overall category strategy
• Developing appropriate relationships throughout the supply chain with a high degree of integrity to sustain business performance
• Delivery and implementation of supply plans for global products which demonstrate a deep understanding of our replenishment systems
• You will undertake ongoing management of stock and associated supply chain activities effectively and efficiently to maximise sales and minimise cost to the business
• Achieve targeted stock and service objectives for specific financial measures and performance critical metrics
• You will be highly effective team member, working with cross functional teams
A bit about you
• Be of graduate calibre
• An excellent communicator, building effective relationships with our many internal partners
• Experienced in supply management and purchasing product from both 3rd party suppliers and internal manufacturers
• Excellent Excel skills and knowledge of SAP
• Highly numerate
• Functional: 2-3 years of logistics/supply chain management
• Business Sector: FMCG/retail
• People Management: Experience of cross-functional working
• Track Record/Relevant Achievements: Will have a consistent track record of success in supply planning
• Appropriate experience of understanding an international environment/cultural differences
What we can offer you
We want to invest in you, to challenge you and help you develop an exciting and successful career. You will have the chance to be part of something ambitious, something innovative and have an impact on a global scale. With a competitive salary and personalized benefits package, you will join a diverse and passionate team who work with some of the world's most well-known brands.
Our diversity and inclusion vision is to create a culture where diversity and inclusion is at the center of everything we do; powering greater collaboration and innovation, and inspiring us to help people across the world lead happier, healthier lives. We are an equal opportunities employer on a mission to attract, develop and engage employees who reflect the diverse customers, patients and communities we serve, and to foster an inclusive culture where everyone feels respected, valued and excited to drive superior business performance.
This is a 12 month fixed term opportunity