UK Poultry represents more than half of 2 Sisters’ business by sales. The division employs over 9,000 people working in a chilled environment to process poultry products which are then marketed to UK consumers via major retailers.
Site B, also known as Amber Foods, opened in 1998. It has 230 employees on site and covers fresh, frozen and added value. Over two thirds of the chicken processed on site is frozen in their spiral and blast freezers. They are also responsible for producing marinated products for both all year round and seasonal BBQ. The site has an exciting opportunity for a Technical Manager to join them.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Technical Manager you will report into the Divisional Technical Controller and be responsible for all technical activities on site. You will provide the site with a first-class technical service, which involves day to day management of the Technical / Quality Assurance function in line with the sites Food Safety and Quality Management Systems, legislative requirements, customer expectations and codes of practice. As a Technical Manager you will provide technical advice to all departments and our customers to maintain our long-lasting relationships.
· Performance manage your team
· Ensuring that a thorough and effective pest prevention system is in place and is regularly inspected by a reputable contractor and that recommendations are actioned.
· Provide reports and summaries to allow easy trend analysis and monitoring of important quality and food safety (customer complaints, micro results, quality control information), allowing generation of robust improvement plans.
· Initiate and ensure internal/external audits are conducted as per agreed schedule and any resulting non-conformances are dealt with in a timely and appropriate manner.
· Deal with customer complaints, investigations and ensuring preventative measures are in place
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you’re fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have a proven track record working in a Technical role within food manufacturing. Bring those qualities along with the below and you will have the recipe for success:
· Experience in a similar role within food manufacturing
o Raw meat is essential
o Poultry is desirable
· Knowledge of BRC/Red Tractor/Customer audits
· Retail experience (desirable)
· Used to managing a team
· Knowledge of HACCP (essential)
o HACCP qualifications (desirable)
· Lead Auditor (desirable)
o Knowledge of auditing (essential)
· Great communication skills
· IT skills