RADING ASSISTANT (BUYING)
Up to £22,400 dependant on experience 28 days’ holiday award winning pension 37.5 hour week
We’re Screwfix and we’re proud of it. We turnover £1.5 billion per year and we have over 12,000 employees. We’re one of the fastest growing retailers in the UK, a true leader in the E-Commerce industry, and part of the 77,000 people strong Kingfisher PLC Group. Now why wouldn’t you want to be a part of that?
We haven’t got to where we are without taking risks. We work hard, but we have fun along the way. With over 640 stores and counting, we’re not slowing down. Our people love us so much that they’ve rated us as one of the UK’s best places to work for, via Glassdoor, two years in a row. As our Trading Assistant, you’ll provide support and close cooperation with commercial, supply chain and stores teams to deliver commercial plans.
Let’s hammer out the detail
Gathering market information, you’ll be the eyes and ears of what’s happening in the current market. It will be your job to ensure that the correct information flows between your team and other departments. From forwarding information between Trading Managers and stores to coordinating the exchange of information between the departments, you’ll guarantee fluidity and reliability of information about your category. You’ll respond to product queries, work closely with our suppliers and internal stake holders and manage our data and information relating to our products.
· Responsive and adaptable, reacting quickly in unexpected situations and offering effective solutions.
· Able to an use your own initiative
· A massive team player you’re known for your interpersonal skills and insight
· Proficient in the use of MS Office and you know your way around excel
· Analytically minded with a commercial focus
· A stickler for detail, able to keep high standards in a fast-paced environment
· A hard worker, but willing to have fun along the way
What’s in it for you?
We mentioned you’ll need to work hard…. That’s why we make every effort to thank you. So aside from all the great stuff we’ve mentioned - a competitive salary, 28 days’ holiday, an award-winning pension scheme, life cover, 20% discount with Screwfix and B&Q, discounted healthcare, core hours working approach, loyalty recognition, company share save schemes, and free fruit Tuesdays are all on offer.
We’ll also help you Make More of Yourself with our excellent in-house training and ongoing development programmes!
· Follow us and find out more on our LinkedIn page - linkedin.com/company/screwfix
· Apply at www.screwfixcareers.com. Upload your CV and complete our application.
Our policy is to employ the best qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.