Bedrijf: XPO Logistics
For the reinforcement of our site in Welkenraedt, we are looking for a: TRANSPORT MANAGER
THE JOB: As Transport Manager, you - and your team - are responsible for a flawless organisation of our transport activities. You guarantee the most efficient and effective working method in which you are constantly looking for improvements. You are part of the Management Team and report to the Site Manager.
- Managing the transport activities (planning, customer service, quality, mechanics, drivers : +/50FTEs) within the budget and time limits.
- Optimizing transport activities, improvement proposals and reducing costs. Managing change and projects. Assure a strategic view of the activity and actively participate in the monitoring and development of our subco’s.
- Monitoring and ensuring that the processes meet the correct transport standards; both in terms of safety, quality, environmental care, and performances.
- Building and maintaining a strong team and high engagement through training, coaching, empowerment and development.
- Commercial and client engagement; work with sales to attract new clients and build up relationship with existing clients.
- You obtained a Bachelor/Master degree in a transport area.
- You have 7 to 10 years of proven experience in transport management within an industrial or 3PL player.
- Experience with chemical goods and knowledge of ADR is a big plus.
- As a people manager, you know how to motivate and enthuse your team and in this way, you help the organisation to a higher level. You succeed in building strong teams and leading to success.
- You are strong in French and English. Knowledge of German and/or Dutch will be highly appreciated
OUR OFFER: XPO Logistics offers you an exciting job, with autonomy and responsibilities, in a rapidly growing multinational. We provide a thorough training, a competitive salary and an interesting package of benefits.
Want to know more about XPO Logistics? Watch the video below or visit our website be.xpo.com. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgFyx6njy9c
A top ten global provider of transportation and logistics services, we run our business as one highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets across 32 countries, providing cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oreal, Toyota and many others. XPO Logistics offers advanced supply chain solutions for the world's most successful companies in many sectors; from ecommerce, over food & retail to industrial multinationals. In the BeNeGe region (Belgium, Netherlands and Germany) XPO operates from 30 different sites with the head office located in Eindhoven.
Every day more than 4,500 employees are responsible for the supply chain challenges of the various customers; how different, challenging or specific they are. We have almost 1,000,000 square meters of storage space and approximately 200 vehicles.
Customer satisfaction, personal growth of employees and a safe working environment are central to the business philosophy of XPO Logistics. Today we are among the top 10 largest logistics serviceproviders.