For the role of Transport Planner you will ensure that routes are planned utilising in-house systems in order to deliver maximum cost efficiencies and service to the customer. You will ensure that service provision matches contractual and First Choice requirements and that all enquiries are dealt with promptly and professionally at all times. You will work within a planning team which supports the greater business objectives, ultimately ensuring that the planning and operations teams work collaboratively and considers the impact of their actions on the wider team.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include
• Route Day & Night Traffic
• To plan load schedules making best use of backload facilities where possible, using 'in house' systems and external load points to maximise profit.
• Use of computerised planning systems to monitor and update deliveries.
• Constantly seek ways to identify actions and opportunities to increase efficiencies, reduce cost and improve overall levels of service to the customer.
• Input workload onto relevant systems for example CTMS, EFX
• Ensure vehicle defect procedures are adhered to liaising with vendors as and when necessary.
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Working within a customer facing environment
• Ability to work in a pressurized environment
• Knowledge of transport regulations
• Ability to deliver effective communication
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Competent with MS Office, IT software packages and Warehouse management systems
• Prepare daily, weekly reports on time
• Geographical Knowledge
• Experience of managing through EFX, and maximising revenues
• Educated to high school (secondary) standard
• CPC International Qualification - Certified (Desirable)
• IOSH or safety qualification (Desirable)
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.