A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Transport Planner to work as part of our Logistics Planning Team based at our flagship Distribution Centre in Castle Donington. You will produce, support, analyse and monitor the execution of the plans created by Logistics Planning Operations. Paragon software experience is essential, and as transport can be unpredictable you must be able to think on your feet and be adaptable to change.
Our Planners are contracted to work 40 hours a week over a two week rota pattern which will include days, nights, evenings and weekends - therefore a flexible approach is a must.
This vacancy is a 10 month fixed term contract.
Key accountabilities and measures
• Produce a prompt, efficient, and accurate National Transport Plan using Paragon planning software in line with KPIs
• Ensure transport team execute the plans produced by Logistics Planning Centre
• Provide real time monitoring on work and make necessary changes to ensure all work is completed on time and in full
• Monitor site and driver compliance to plan
• Support the planning team with reporting and administration
• Provide cover for operations controllers
• Support the Logistics Helpdesk with changes to the store delivery schedule
• Ensure on the day execution across the transport sites is effective and within service and cost requirements – challenge when not
• Monitor delivery performance into sites and liase with warehousing/supplier functions access supply chain
• Interrogate systems to provide management information and carry out analysis as required
• Ensure office administration is completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Sound analytical skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• The ability to make informed decisions in a fast-moving environment
• Self-motivation will be essential
• Computer literacy
• Knowledge of the M&S transport network
• Knowledge of Paragon