We’re looking for an ambitious transport planning team manager to join our Birtley depot team and help make sure our store deliveries are efficient and cost effective. If you can bring the analytical mind and great communication skills we need, we can offer you the chance to build a career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
Logistics at the Co-op is a diverse 24/7 operation, with thousands of moving parts that all need to work in perfect harmony so we can provide our customers with the products they love. Each day there are thousands of deliveries all coming from our depots across the UK. And as a transport planning team manager with us, you’ll have an important role to play in the largest and most complex logistics network in convenience retail.
What you’ll do
• lead, guide and develop 2 planning officers and the wider team of 14 planners
• oversee the daily creation of transport plans for 7 of our depots across the UK
• make sure transport plans are created in line with standards and timescales and opportunities are identified for continuous improvement to drive the success of our team and our business
• link in daily with the supply chain and depot teams to make sure planned volumes match depot capabilities
• work collaboratively with transport operations managers to make sure our plans are in line with their expectations and capability of their operations
• manage a number of change projects to help us improve our efficiency and ways of working
This role would suit people who have
• line management experience, able to lead, guide, develop and motivate a team
• experience working in transport or logistics (preferred but not essential)
• experience of working with Paragon (preferred but not essential)
• the ability to multitask and manage multiple conflicting priorities
• strong IT skills, able to pick up new systems
• the ability to manage projects alongside their day to day role and leading teams through large scale change projects
• excellent relationship building and communication skills, able to challenge and influence a variety of people across all levels of the business
• a passion for providing excellent customer service
• analytical skills to drive continuous improvement
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough.
We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.