At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build your career as a Transport Specialist based in Crespin, France.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The mission of Transport Specialist is to assure a safe and efficient transport of big volumes products on the international level. This person is in charge of the special transport compagnies sourcing, analyzing their capacity and offers, conducting negotiations, transport planning and monitoring performance of the transport companies.
- Special Transport flow studies
- Analyzing and defining the needs
- Providing the best transport solution by ensuring an available network, benchmark, sourcing, negotiations
- Special transport flow capacity analysis
- Transportation supplier performance management
- Transport budget definition/management
- Preparing Requests for Quotation
- Assuring good logistics and synchronization between deliveries and unloading teams
- Supporting transport planning for the site in Bruges (Belgium)
- Education: BAC+5
- 6 years of experience in an industrial transport management environment (road, sea, air)
- Experience in operational internal logistics
- Competencies in transport, supplier and budget management
- Good analytical skills and problem solving attitude
- Strong communication and negotiation skills required
- Fluent English, German would be a plus
- Willingness to travel (maximum 10%)
ABOUT BOMBARDIER TRANSPORTATION
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.