1 year work placement, starting July
We’re looking for a driven and ambitious undergrad to join our buying team on a 12 month placement. If you’re a natural team player with a passion for developing your career, we can offer you an amazing opportunity to do just that with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As the UK’s largest convenience retailer, we’re committed to providing high quality, ethical products at great prices to our millions of customers and members nationwide. And as our undergraduate buyer, we’ll look to you to support with the development of product and supplier categories that both drive commercial value as well as meet the needs of our customers and members.
What you’ll do:
• support the development of category strategies
• plan and manage projects, co-ordinating different teams and suppliers
• chair meetings and support negotiations
• collaborate with colleagues and teams across our retail business
• analyse the current market situation and potential impact of change
This role would suit people who have:
• a real passion for food and developing your career
• an undergraduate status on a business related degree
• a good understanding of commercial trading processes
• great communication skills and a natural ability to build great relationships and influence all kinds of people
• a logical approach to solving complex problems
• a professional attitude with the ability to stay calm under pressure
• confidence to manage projects, and self-motivation to work unsupervised
• a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
As a Co-op undergraduate placement, you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- a competitive salary
- 28 days holiday
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.