We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of now and the future. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses, autonomous subways, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of 34 500 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom in Germany is one of the major suppliers of German rail infrastructure. The company focuses on manufacturing rail vehicles for local rail transport: trams and suburban railways, commuter trains and regional trains. Alstom is the only manufacturer of railway engineering systems to offer maintenance, servicing and modernization services for all rail vehicle types, and components for series from all manufacturers and transport information systems in Germany.
In Germany, Alstom has a workforce of 3,000 people working on 6 sites.
In this context we are looking for a VIE Buyer based at our site in Salzgitter.
- identifies and administer projects and needs
- consolidates needs with the Commodity Manager
- defines the commodity strategy with the Commodity manager and transfers the commodity strategy
- defines the business conditions in cooperation with the projects, Commodity manager and Domain Director
- negotiates osts and the conditions of the contract with suppliers
- identifies cost reduction potentials
- supports the work on the development of the supplier panels
- makes sure that the goals are achieved in view of the suppliers and contracts
- places orders for the projects of his site
- supports the Commodity Manager and Domain Director during the project offer phase
- supports the projects with specific claims
- closely works with Supply Chain and the Supplier Quality Department
- clears problem cases before forwarding in the Commodity manager
Your profile :
Educated to Master Degree with a specialization in Sourcing or Project Management or similar and a good industrial comprehension, you have a first experience ideally in an international industrial environment.
You are interested in railway products. Good communication skills, your diplomacy and tenacity, your open-mind enable you to be well integrated in a changing environment.
Your autonomy, team spirit, management and organizational skills, and good business sense are your key assets for this position.
Good language level of English & German is mandatory, French will be an asset.
Excellent MS office skills required.
Please register your CV and motivation letter both in German & English.
What we offer you: A demanding job in an international matrix organization, which will allow you to further develop your management skills while contributing to ambitious, technological projects. A variety of interlocutors and great career opportunities in a dynamic company.
We believe that a diverse and inclusive workforce is a lever to running a sustainable and successful business. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected.