At Tech Will Save Us we create make-it-yourself kits that help kids all over the world to make, play, code, and invent using technology. We started in 2012, packing kits on a kitchen table and have now sold over 100,000 kits in 97 countries! Our kits are in the MoMA in New York and the Design Museum in London.
We sell our kits online via our website and on Amazon, and are stocked in stores across Europe, North America, Australia and more. We also have a growing online platform for young makers, with tens of thousands of users from all round the world.
The VP of Supply Chain at Tech Will Save Us, will include but not be exclusive to the following responsibilities:
Work with our supply chain vendors in UK, US and China to execute and deliver the supply chain strategy, meeting targets for quality, cost and service.
Continuously improve existing supply chain to deliver improvements to costs, quality and Service.
Drive to successfully achieve target margins for YOY growth for existing and new products.
Drive, develop and implement a medium to long term supply chain strategy to support a 100+ product business by 2021.
Achieve customer (B2B and B2C) delivery satisfaction of 95%+.
Work collaboratively with product managers to deliver new product to market on time, within budget and to the highest level of quality and safety.
Work with third party testing partners to ensure all products have the requisite certifications in the relevant markets
Source and build an extensive supplier network for product team to find parts and share existing parts across range to deliver new products.
Assess and improve existing supply chain processes and iterate to increase efficiency and speed of products to market
Examine and improve S&OP process to improve forecasting and provide greater clarity of stock availability
Audit and review software systems, ERP and data to create real-time stock visibility across sales channels
The Successful Applicant
The VP of Supply Chain, based in East London, will need to be able to excel in and demonstrate success in the following critical competencies:
● Attention to detail
Skills & Experience:
● Experience delivering consumer electronics and / or toys to market
● Track record in defining and delivering a supply chain strategy in a multi-channel business
● Experience working with 3rd party manufacturers, preferably in China
● Success with retail and multi-channel sales - both speciality and mass market
Experience and exposure in working with mass retailers in the UK and US
● Ability to drive customer centric product development processes
● Experience working with marketing and sales teams doing forecasting and demand planning
● Entrepreneurial spirit to build a multi-million pound / dollar business
● Analytical thinker with strong financial and commercial knowledge
● Experience working with business that have gone through 2X growth YOY
● Nice to have: experience in B2B opportunities like education or other channel growth beyond retail
What's on Offer
Tech Will Save Us are a London-based startup with offices also in NYC and Paris.
"Be Your Best Self" in a business culture that values creativity, analytical thinking and endless curiosity.
● 25 days PTO
● a company pension scheme
● Equity as part of our EMI Scheme
● Professional development fund for all employees
● Flexible work hours as needed, to fit around childcare
● Wellness programme including weekly lunch and yoga
● Bi-annual company make-a-thons to expand your skills and be creative with technology
● Fresh fruit, nuts, beer, tea and coffee
● a generous bike-to-work scheme plus in-house bike storage
● Generous Parental Leave policy
● Epic holiday parties all about learning and being creative