About TGB – In a nutshell
You may already follow Toyota (or TGB as we affectionately call ourselves) on social media or in the news and have heard about the great things that Toyota continue to achieve globally, well, what we do here at TGB helps achieve those great things! Here at out ECO HQ in Surrey, we support the car dealership network as the sales and marketing functions for both Toyota and Lexus in the UK. We are a diverse team with a common goal, to do business the way that customers love.There’s loads of really great stuff on our blog.
Whistle stop – Overview of the RoleIn Vehicle Planning and Logistics it is our job to estimate the market opportunity and to ensure that we have the right cars available for our retailers - and at the right time. The importance of effective vehicle planning cannot be overstated; our reaction to external forces and internal factors can have a significant impact upon both sales and profitability. The role of Vehicle Planning Manager provides a unique opportunity to build on analytical skills and commercial awareness while playing a major role in tactical and strategic decision making.
This role is responsible for creating the Lexus Cars and Toyota Commercial vehicles sales plan proposals, as well as having the opportunity to influence and maximise sales of these through analysis and objective setting. The role is also key in ensuring that vehicle supply is at the optimum balance, supporting sales objectives and ensuring an efficient stocking operation. The role offers opportunities to build strong relationships with key stakeholders including senior management within TGB and Toyota Motor Europe (TME). In addition the role is responsible for people management of two direct reports.
What you’ll get at TGB - Great people deserve great things
Enabling you to be the best you can be is top on the list at TGB, so it’s more than just an externally benchmarked salary and bonus that puts smiles on the faces of people that work here:
• Employee car lease schemes for Toyota & Lexus cars
• Access to attractive car schemes for you (& your family)
• ECO HQ, free parking & restaurant offering a fantastic working environment
• Generous annual leave which increases with service and holiday trading option.
• Flexible working initiatives*
• 2 volunteering days per year and various Corporate & Social Responsibility initiatives.
• Private medical healthcare, Employee Assistance Program & eye tests
• Exclusive discounts & discount website
• Onsite gym, Sports and Social Club, cycle to work scheme & flu jabs to keep you healthy
• Regular 121s with your manager, a personal development plan reviewed quarterly with a range of training & support (as per the TGB Management Deal)
• Annual events and random acts of kindness throughout the year (e.g, summer party, Green month BBQ)
• & lots more in the pipeline…
*We don’t take a cookie cutter approach to working flexibly because this means different things to different people. Its best to talk to us about the flexibility you’d like at the interview and although we can’t promise that we’ll be able to give you exactly what you want, we will definitely promise not to judge you for asking. We love it that lots of our people work flexibly!
You want in? (see attached job profile for more detail)
To be considered for this role, the skills you’ll need to have include:
• Instinctive analytical mindset – able to spot, interpret and communicate trends / risks etc from data following robust fact finding / consensus
• Ability to manage detailed and complex information
• Advanced numerical and excel skills
• Very clear written and verbal communication skills; able to present complex information and recommendations in a concise and insightful way to various audiences
• Innovative mindset
• Ability to build effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders at all levels through both written and verbal communication
We know we won’t have been able to cover everything in this advert. Have a look at the job description for some extra detail and if you get through to the face to face interview stage of our process, then we’ll put aside some time to explain the role in more detail and you can ask any questions that you have.
Candidates are invited to apply via our careers site. We use LaunchPad one-way video interviewing as part of our screening process. We’ll provide you with more information around this as you progress through the stages.
Toyota loves diversity
To innovate, we need diversity of thought so a diverse and inclusive workplace is hugely important to us. We won’t discriminate against any protected characteristics, will judge applications on merit and won’t make any assumptions.