GSK are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing close to 100,000 people globally, we have 87 manufacturing sites around the world.
In the heart of rural Teesdale, the our state-of-the-art facility at Barnard Castle is an integral part of our Global Manufacturing and Supply (GMS) organisation. The site produces some of the world’s leading sterile, inhaled, topical and oral medicines for a wide range of diseases including leukaemia, HIV and MRSA. The site manufactures over 40 different products, exporting more than 90% of the 200 million packs produced each year to a global market place.
An opportunity has arisen for a flexible, reliable and highly motivated Warehouse Operator to work within our Receipt, Picking, Dispatch and Production support areas.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a highly regulated warehousing environment and will possess excellent problem solving, planning and organising skills.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Operating moving machinery including pallet rider trucks, hi-rise trucks, fork-lift trucks.
• Unloading, checking and booking on of materials into the Warehouse
• Sampling of material for processing through to Packaging Material Quality Control
• Picking and collation of goods to full fill production order requirements
• Picking and casing of finished pack for onward dispatch to the customer
• Working relevant shift pattern appropriate to business requirements
Skills & knowledge:
• Maintain high standards of Health & Safety
• Good interpersonal / communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Ability to maintain high standards of warehouse practices (in all aspects of warehouse operations)
• Ability to comply with all Quality requirements of the role
• Good IT Skills
• 5 GCSE – Math and English
Please apply via the online application system. Closing date for application: 14th July 2017, COB
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.