The role and responsibilities of the distribution Supervisor is to organize and supervise all operations related to the preparation and the shipment of GSK vaccines. Operations should be done timely, safely & securely in accordance with the highest standards (EHS, HR, GMP/GDP, security and financial standards and policies), highest productivity and flexibility levels.
• Support GSK Vaccines sales growth ambition by managing and coordinating the distribution operation team in WADE
• Manage raw materials and vaccines shipments to internal and external customers per instructions provided by Vx Distribution Operation (VDP).
• Develop, engage and lead from 8 to 15 Export people (blue collar, white collars) through effective performance management and labor relations excellence. Contract management
• Develop solutions to enhance quality, efficiency, productivity, safety and security of operation.
• Management of performance (KPI)
• Accountable for best practices per GSK policies and GxP requirements.
• Ensure compliance with GMP/GDP, Quality, Training, Health/Safety-Security/Environmental requirements. Deviation and CAPA management
• Contributes to continuous decrease of cost per vaccine dose (ex : targeting decrease of Write-Offs, extra hours, …)
University Bachelor Degree in science and/or Logistics/Supply Chain or equivalent
• University Bachelor Degree in science and/or Logistics/Supply Chain or equivalent
• Demonstrated experience in logistics/transport/supply chain operation management
Planning and scheduling expertise
Effective team leadership and training skills
Fluent in English written and oral
• IT knowledge (SAP)
• Demonstrated expertise and experience in logistics/transport/supply chain operation management in the pharmaceuticals industry/distribution
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best. GSK is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. GSK is an equal opportunity employer.
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
GSK is one of the world’s leading research-based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies – is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
GSK Vaccines is one of the world’s leading vaccine companies, with a comprehensive portfolio of 39 vaccines for infants, adolescents and adults and 15 more in development. We have more than 16,000 people working worldwide to deliver nearly 2 (1.9) million vaccines every day to people in around 90% (172) of the world’s countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com.