• 3rd Level Qualification to Level 6 or similar and/or have relevant experience in a related discipline.
• Appropriate level of technical skill and knowledge and/or experience.
• Good knowledge of computer packages – SAP and Microsoft Packages..
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks effectively.
• Understanding of the relevant quality standards
• Experience of working in and supporting a team.
• Good analytical skills and ability to think logically in order to problem solve. Evaluate information from problem solving activities.
• Ability to convey information clearly and accurately to groups/individuals verbally and in writing to ensure understanding. Ability to listen and respond appropriately to others.
• Strong interpersonal skills essential.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Must be able to work with cross functional groups to meet Warehouse/Logistics objectives.
• Further relevant qualifications/experience.
• Leadership course.
• Dangerous Goods Awareness.
• 3 Years experience in Warehouse / Pharmaceutical / GMP environment.
• Experience of using SAP system.
• People management experience.
• Design and engage in solutions and improvements.
• Identification and implementation of process efficiencies.
• Fork Truck certification and experience.
• EHS knowledge and experience
Working to develop a culture of accountability, empowerment, continuous improvement, customer focus, collaboration, involvement and development of oneself within Logistics and Warehouse. Driving continuous improvement and support communication and material flow through warehouse and to and from its customers. Provide support to Logistics Team and Logistics Lead.
• Support and act as point of contact for Warehouse Movers Team.
• To ensure the efficient running of the warehouse through meeting KPIs and management of continuous improvement programs.
Scope of Responsibility:
• Liaising with the Planners and Operations department to ensure efficient flow of materials.
• Performing random inspections and Gemba’s to monitor GMP, Health & Safety and Housekeeping related standards, liaising with Quality Assurance / EHS if needed for corrective actions required.
• Co-ordinating the provision of appropriate and timely training, assessments and feedback for team members ensuring all personnel are competent to perform the tasks assigned to them.
• Co-ordinating the payment of wages, holiday planning and overtime / TIL schedule. Maintaining the Time and Attendance System ensuring that personnel data is accurate and current.
• People Leadership – full people leadership for a team of staff working within the warehouse.
• Leading and coaching of teams to ensure adherence to standards for safety, quality and compliance.
• Working with the team to continuously improve the capability of both the individuals and the overall team to increase their performance towards targets.
• Engaging and inspiring staff in the future targets by sharing the vision, area objectives and helping staff to understand the value add of the work that they are responsible for.
• Ensuring development plans and PDPs along with reviews are carried out for all team members ensuring alignment with Logistics and Site objectives.
• Setting expectations on individual’s behaviour and performance and ensuring that regular feedback is provided both by formal routes but also in regular Gemba sessions. This will include holding people to account for the duties that they are responsible.
• Identifying key talent and capabilities and input to succession planning process.
• Ensuring department attendance is maintained by monitoring and tacking action to address.
• Involvement in reviewing resourcing of area including task assignment and involvement in recruitment as required.
• Setting target conditions and delivering against these to achieve improvements in performance to meet future business needs.
• Fully deploying performance management process within area ensuring accurate and timely data is used and key metrics are achieved.
• Real time issue identification and resolution. Running of Safety, Quality and efficiency investigations using GSK Problem solving process / 6 Step RCA with staff and necessary Support Functions and ensuring completion of resultant actions.
• Ensuring that the appropriate CAPA’s, Deviations and problem solving processes are used to avoid reoccurrence of issues.
• Carrying out process confirmation to ensure adherence to standards and standard work by staff, and adherence to Leader Standard Work.
• Ensuring alignment to the tiered accountability meetings within the area and on site. Following through on resulting actions in a timely fashion.
• Active engagement in Governance review meetings for the area e.g. Safety meetings, Risk Management, Quality Meetings, NPI Meetings.
• Implement GPS elements in Warehouse.
• Review and manage warehouse capacity based on volume and storage forecasts.
• Development and management of KPIs and reporting processes.
• Develop & manage smooth “flow” of Materials and Finished Product into/from the Warehouse for storage & shipping.
• Develop & manage smooth “flow” of material replenishment to work centres & production lines.
• Develop & manage safe routes for all modes of Work Place Transportation that operate within the warehouse facility.
• Develop & management of all material and finish pack transport (HGV’s) into & out of the site.
• Manage and monitor the requirements, safety standards, maintenance and use of warehouse equipment (FLT etc).
• Develop and implement a cycle count process that drives an accurate accounting process for all stock.
• Manage budget and POs for warehouse.
• Manage storage requirement and warehouse processes to meet International and Airfreight requirements (IATA, Known Consignor etc)
• Perform any additional tasks as required or assigned.