We have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Technician to join our team in the Dispensary here at GSK Worthing on a 15-month Fixed Term Contract (FTC). We are looking for inspired individuals to support us in our mission to help people Do More, Feel Better and Live Longer.
The Dispensary is a production area within the Worthing Supply and Logistics Warehouse. This area is responsible for the collation and supply of material (API and excipients) for the use in the manufacture of product in Tablets Manufacturing, Suspensions Manufacturing and CSA. The area comprises of batch collation (penicillin zone), and Dispensing Booths) A Zone.
The working pattern for the Dispensary is on a Rolling Day shift between 07:00 to 15:00 - seven days a week. We can provide more details through the interview process.
A technician in this area will be involved in the weighing and collation of all material required for production, following the relevant SOP’s and site systems with an emphasis on the use of CDISY and SAP.
Your Key Responsibilities focus on:
• The safe loading, unloading, distribution and stowage of materials, including all necessary system transactions.
• Collation and packing of internal and external orders, including dispensing of material to meet the required level of customer service.
• Safe use of all mechanical handling equipment that individual technicians are licensed to operate.
• Ensure all SOPs are followed in full and report any Safety/Quality related issues.
• Stand in for Lead Technician as required.
• Ensure SAP transactions are completed in a timely manner.
• Complete required stock checks to maintain Inventory control.
Please note this role will be based at our site in Worthing West Sussex. At our Worthing site our focus is to manufacture and supply the broad-spectrum antibiotic, Augmentin as oral tablets, suspensions and sterile injectable dose forms.Please be aware that Worthing is a manufacturing site that uses penicillin and there is the possibility of contact with trace amounts of penicillin anywhere on site. If you have an known allergy to penicillin please let our recruitment team know through the process.
Interested in join the team?
Closing date for applications: COB – Wednesday 16th May 2018
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
In this role you will require a minimum of GCSE’s (or equivalent) in Maths and English and have a broad knowledge of manufacturing and / or warehousing.
You will also have:
• GMP understanding
• Previous Warehouse and / or dispensing experience
• MS Excel, Word and Outlook experience and skills
• Strong communication skills
• Strong attention to detail with ability to work under pressure
• Experience working with supply chain systems such as SAP
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery for strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.