Women’s Lingerie Buying Manager (Mat Cover)
Having the right product at the right prices for our customers to buy, means buying the
right product at the right prices ourselves first. And this is the responsibility of our
Buying team. These are the people who learn everything there is to know about George
customers; so that they can be sure the styles they offer are exactly what our customers
In this role you will develop and source a commercial Lingerie range which meets our
customer and market requirements whilst delivering maximum profit. You will manage, develop
and coach a team consisting of 1 Buyer and 2 Buying Assistants.
You will be an established, experienced leader with strong interpersonal, organisational
and management skills. Strong product development skills with a commercial understanding,
in-depth market competitor, category & customer knowledge and the ability to cross network
to capitalise on wider business opportunities.
Previous Lingerie experience necessary.
The ins & outs
* Overall Department Strategy, determining category splits against sales and options, as
set in strategy in conjunction with Merchandise manager
* Responsible for profitability targets of the department including margin, sales, number
of options, ASP and profit
* Work in conjunction with Design manager on range requirements through wish list, base
plan and supplier meetings.
* Work with sourcing teams to achieve flexible and appropriate supply base to meet the
requirements of the department
* Management of the Buying team through development of self and others through regular
1-2-1’s, live personal development plans, appraisal process, coaching, succession planning
* Determine and manage the department Critical Path. Working with Merchandise Manager to
achieve 98% supplier compliance
* In season trading – Open to buy management in conjunction with merchandise manager
* Continual trialling of new initiatives, both Store and Dot.Com, driving new business
strategy forward to best utilise space and provide customer choice.
* Accountable for Market strategy, trading activity, customer and competitor profiles to
increase George positioning within the market place via growth in market share
* Work alongside QA function to improve department product & fabric quality
What you’ll need
* Be a role model for other colleagues.
* Excellent lingerie product development background and the ability to work closely with
the supply base.
* Team leadership and coaching skills.
* Strong commercial acumen, strategic planning and review skills.
* Influencing skills at peer and Senior manger/director level.
* Strategic & timely decision making.
* Clear communicator with a professional presence.